It’s a new year. The time of year when people are making resolutions. I have never liked the word “resolution”, but a word I can focus on is goal. A goal is something to work toward. It gives you ambition to put all your effort into achieving it. So we have goals on this farm. Our goals for 2017 are:
- To keep doing what we do; grow Organic, wholesome produce
- Grow more produce to provide our community with wholesome produce
- Continue to make a living at it
- Take care of the soil
- Learn to live with quack-grass
We would like to work toward our goals with plans. Our plans for this growing season are:
- Produce CSA
- Meat CSA (something new we are working on)
- Being at more farmers’ markets. We are planning on adding the Ketchum Farmers’ Market to our market schedule this year.
- Planting more acres of produce
At this time, we don’t have a plan on how to live in harmony with quack-grass without it causing us headaches. . . . . but I’m sure we will figure it out.
We are excited for all that 2017 holds for us. We would also like to thank all of our supporters for choosing to support local in 2016. We are looking forward to growing for you in the new year.